provides a rare opportunity to own a lot with Long Lake access
rights in the Bridgton Malcolm Road/South neighborhood of exclusive vacation and year-round
homes. Many of the neighborhood homes are valued in excess of a
$1,000,000 providing built-in price support for any home built
in the area.
The surveyed 8+ acre property slopes gently upward for the
first several hundred feet before cresting and heading down to
a pleasant brook which crosses the rear section of
property. There is enough land and timber to
harvest and heat a large home in perpetuity (i.e. the growth rate
would exceed the burn rate).
The highly desirable water access is a pleasant 5
five minute walk down the country lane to the nicely wooded 70'
right of way. The 'no splinters' aluminum/composite
decked dock provides a great swimming platform for the sandy bottomed cove
with plenty of depth for powerboat
The Malcolm Road Association maintains the private gravel
road and apportions the cost of road maintenance to the association
members. The dues are quite reasonable at approximately $100
per year. Membership in the association is a deeded requirement. Current
year dues have been paid by the seller.
Deeded protective covenants ensure that your property's
investment value is preserved and enhanced by any development activity.
Covenant highlights include:
- No mobile homes or permanent trailer homes
- No further subdivision
- A foundation or slab required
- Maximum construction period duration of 1 year from
start to completion
- conventional wood, shingle, or vinyl siding (no tar
paper or uncovered sheathing)
- Building set backs from property lines
- Natural woodland barriers along property lines
- excluding driveways
- Restricted to single family residential use
- Soils have been tested and reported suitable for a
septic system by a Maine licensed soil engineer.
- Water: Well water (to be drilled by buyer).
- Electricity: Available at the road.
- Phone - Available at the road.